UK police have launched an inquiry into the death of a baby boy from the Zippo brand
Posted On July 13, 2021
A baby boy has died after accidentally falling into a zippowep refill bottle at a London shop, sparking a major police investigation into the incident.
The boy, whose name was not released, was found by staff at a jewellery shop in Kings Cross on Monday night, and his mother rushed to the scene but was pronounced dead shortly after.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “The child’s father arrived to the store at around 6.45pm and was told that a child had fallen into a bottle of zippows.”
He was called to the premises to help with the child’s resuscitation.
“The child was then transferred to hospital where he died.”
The baby’s mother, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was treated at the scene and later pronounced dead.
A spokesperson for Zippow, which operates the brands Snuggle and Pop, said the company was aware of the incident and had been made aware of a “proactive and professional response”.
The company said it was “devastated” by the incident, which it said had “hit hard” on its business.
“We’re very sorry for the loss of this precious child,” the company said in a statement.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this difficult time.”